QL-L3: QL-Pedal Line
The perpendicular feet from the Miquel Point (QL-P1) to the four lines lie on the same line R, and the Miquel Point is the only point with this property.
This is statement 3 of Steiner’s note on the complete quadrilateral as described on page 1 of Ref-4. This line R is now according to Ref-4 named the Pedal Line.
l (m - n) / (a2 m n - SB l m - SC l n)
(m2-n2)3 SA2 + (l2-n2)3 SB2 + (m2-l2)3 SC2 + 2 (m2-n2) SA ((l2-n2)2 SB+(l2-m2)2 SC)
- QL-P19 lies on QL-L3.
- QL-L3 is parallel to QL-L2 (Steiner Line).
- QL-L3 is perpendicular to QL-L1 (Newton Line) and QL-L4 (Morley Line).
- QL-L3 is tangent to the QL-Inscribed Parabola QL-Co1 at the vertex.
- QL-Co1 is the 5th Line Conic (see QL-Co-1) of QL-L3.
- The Orthopole of ANY line through the Miquel Point (QL-P1) wrt ANY Component Triangle of the Reference Quadrilateral lies on QL-L3. See Ref-33, Anopolis # 637.
- The Orthopole of ANY line parallel to the Newton line (QL-L1) wrt ANY Component Triangle of the Reference Quadrilateral lies on QL-L3. See Ref-34, Seiichi Kirikami, QFG message # 1102.
- The Orthopoles of QL-L3 wrt the QL-Component Triangles lie on QL-L2. See Ref-34, Seiichi Kirikami, QFG message # 1102.
- QL-L3 is the common Simson Line of QL-P1 wrt the 4 QL-Component Triangles. See Ref-34, QFG messages #551, #1105.
- The line through the intersection point of Li and Lj (i,j=1,2,3,4) and through the intersection point of the reflected lines of QL-L3 in Li and Lj passes through QL-P1. See Ref-34, Seiichi Kirikami, QFG message # 1096.